Wallbox with or without WiFi connection?
Take control of your charging
There are wallboxes both with and without WiFi that will charge your car equally well. However, if as a user you would like access to functions that provide statistics on charging per day/month/year or that limit the charging current, then WiFi is a plus. An internet connection over WiFi or a fixed network cable also makes it much easier to update the wallbox software to maintain compatibility with the developments and requirements associated with new car models.
With a WiFi connection, you can use your mobile or computer to easily:
• Program the times of day you want to charge. Perhaps your power company offers cheaper electricity at night?
• Check how much you have charged during the past month and make comparisons with previous months.
• Report the readings for charging your company car to your employer.
• Turn off the wallbox when you are not using it to prevent unauthorised access.
• Update your wallbox when new software is released without the aid of an electrician.